Current happenings in the village of Alne U.K.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Alne Village Website

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankJB

PostSubject: Alne Village Website   Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi there,

I am one of the Trustees of the (independant) Easingwold Tourist Information and also run our website www.vist-easingwold.com, obtained with funding from the Lottery & Yorkshire Forward and run on behalf of the Easingwold & Villages Community Forum (of which I am also Chair).

I would welcome information of all local events in the Alne area and will post them free of charge to non profit making bodies - so I tend to post Village Fair's and other community activities rather than a band playing in your local Pub for exmple.

I understand that you would like to have your own website, but are a long way off that goal at the moment.

If you would like a page - or indeed many pages on the Visit-Easingwold website, either as an interim or indeed a permanent home, I would be more than happy to arrange it. After all, it is not my website, I just run it on behalf of local residents and if you have ever bought a raffle ticket or pay tax (surely not!), then you already have some investment in it.

I am intending this autumn to post pages (or sections ) for each of our villages and to offer residents of those villages for suggestions. I have a large number of images I can use, and the text from the Lions now discontinued local directory as a start.

You could probably cheaply buy an Alne domain, if you haven't done so already and then link directly to your page seamlessly.

The rest is up to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Alne Village Website
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1