Current happenings in the village of Alne U.K.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Landfill site

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gudrun

PostSubject: Landfill site   Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:53 am

A working group/ action group will be forming in January (- watch for the date in Parish Newsletter), which will try and sort out this landfill site issue once and for all. Every year, when the leaves fall, and the problem becomes more noticeable, we contact the Enviornment Agency, and Vicky Perkin of NYCC (she even came to a PC meeting last year to answer our concerns!). However, the wheels of bureaucracy grind at such a pace that no satisfactory solution has been achieved so far. I have suggested to the EA that every time there is a complaint which needs a call out from the EA, there should be a fee to the site owner, indeed, an increasing fee with every call out.
So if you want to help putting on the pressure, and it does take more than one person to maintain that pressure on the various agencies involved here, please join this action group. First meeting - 8th December at 20:00hrs at Home, Farm Monk Green.With a bit of luck we can crack this nut this time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudrun

PostSubject: Landfill action group   Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:46 am

Hot off the press - the first meeting of the Landfill Site Action Group (what a mouthfull! more punchy name please!) will be held on Tuesday 8th December at Home Farm, Monk Green - hosted by John Price. Our aim is to finally get the landfill site management to do what is says on the packet, i.e. work to the conditions clearly stipulated on their permits.
Come and join, tell your friends - we need to sort this out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Price

PostSubject: Names   Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:30 am

We could call the group Alne Residents Seeking Emergency Help on Local Environment.

I'll get my coat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landfill site   

Back to top Go down

Landfill site
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1